Monday, October 13, 2003

I love Magnolia more every time I see it. Every moment of that movie is perfection for me. And the music is the icing on the cake. I was watching a bit of it the other night, listening carefully through my headphones, and there are all sorts of neat musical details lurking in the background. When I'm in a somber mood, for some reason putting on Magnolia, drinking a couple glasses of wine, and commiserating with the characters always makes me feel better.

I have a quiz tomorrow, and I don't have a mastery of the material, and yet I have no desire to study right now (hence the blogging). I don't know whether to be disturbed by my insouciance or to be happy about it. I really don't need to do better than a B in this class, and I know enough of the material to probably get by on the exam. OTOH, if I think hard enough, I'm sure I can convince myself there is some obscure possibility that doing really well in the class will be worthwhile. Gaaah. I guess I'll try to work some problems and see if it puts me to sleep. I'd much rather be working on research though; I got back in the groove on Sunday, and I am interested in the problems again.

Allright...time to try to do something productive. Go Red Sox!!!

No comments: