- Ensure the figure is on its own slide.
- Print the slide to a PDF.
- Open the PDF in Skim.
- Do Tools -> Select Tool.
- Select the figure and adjust the borders of the selection appropriately.
- Do Tools -> Crop Page.
- Do File -> Export..., pick a file name, and choose "PDF with Embedded Notes" as the file format.
- Include the resulting file in the Latex document, e.g., using graphicx.
Thursday, December 04, 2008
I wanted to quickly write down how to export Powerpoint figures to use within pdflatex on Mac OS X, since a quick Googling didn't turn up a straightforward explanation: