Sunday, September 21, 2003

cs164 is such a timesink. I never realized what an incredible burden teaching can be until now. I spent much of the day working on the next programming assignment for the students. The thing is, these assignments aren't even all that easy for me...I guess that's the point of actually doing the assignments before giving them out, though. It would suck worse to find out that a problem you assigned is super hard right before the deadline. I need to do the written homework tomorrow so I can answer questions in my office hour on Monday...*sigh*.

I went to see Key Largo with my friend Martin at the Parkway Theater in Oakland today. What a cool space! It was great lounging out on a sofa with a pizza while watching the movie. The film itself was kind of disappointing...not as noirish as we were expecting. But, it had its moments, and any movie w/ Bogart can't be all bad. Martin hadn't seen Wet Hot American Summer before, so I saw it for the eighth time (at least); still hasn't gotten old at all.

It's time for me to start getting back into musical stuff. I'm going to Mahler 4 at the SF Symphony this Thursday, and I'd like to also get in on Wednesday if possible for The Magic Flute. I ran into Christian at the grocery store yesterday, and he convinced me to audition for the Oakland Symphony Chorus. It looks like a lot of fun, and they might actually be pretty good. Oh, and there's still the whole private lessons thing that I should start up again. Things will be much happier once I am singing again...

I've been slowly working my way through The Decalogue. It's weird how after every film, I feel like I didn't really understand it, yet I know I just saw something amazing. Hopefully the quality will stay high through the whole thing.

No comments: